This Beef Enchilada Casserole is quick and easy to put together, and there is no mess rolling the tortillas. I love enchiladas, so this recipe is an all-time favourite dish of mine. I hope you like it, too!
Beef Enchilada CasserolePrint Recipe
- 12-ounce jar green salsa
- 1/2 cup of beef broth, homemade preferred
- 2 cups of cooked roast beef, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas, cut in halves
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix green salsa and beef broth in a small bowl. Place a large spoonful in the baking dish to lightly cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place 3 cut tortillas around the edge with the cut side next to the edge of the dish. Place one whole tortilla in the centre.
- Place 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of onions on top of the tortilla layer.
- Place 1/3 of the salsa mixture evenly over beef and onions. Repeat layers.
- Place remaining 3 cuts and 1 whole tortilla on top. Spoon salsa evenly over top and top with cheese. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Place in oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot through.
- Enjoy with a green salad.