There are many varieties of recipes one can do using a banana. A banana split recipe can be considered a healthy one as it is based on the banana fruit.
Banana is a good source of dietary fibre, manganese, potassium and vitamins B6 and C and is low in cholesterol and saturated fat. The banana splits were initially made famous in Latrobe (Pennsylvania) in 1904, and from then onwards, there have been many similar recipes with everyone demanding to be the best.
This recipe is a wonderful seasonal dessert and an excellent end to a meal with family or with friends.
Best Banana SplitPrint Recipe
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 full cup of sliced almonds
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of light corn syrup
- 1 full cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 pints of chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 8 small bananas split in half
- Whipped cream
- Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. And in a medium-sized skillet or a frying pan, combine 1 tablespoon of sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and cook the mixture until it is dissolved. Then add the almonds and toss them. Spread the almond sugar mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake it for about ten minutes (preheat the oven to 325 degrees). Then sprinkle it with the salt, stir well and again bake it for about 10 minutes with intermediate stirring one or 2 times until it turns golden and allow it to cool completely.
- In the meantime, take a medium-sized saucepan and unite the remaining 2 teaspoons of the sugar with brown sugar, cocoa powder and along with it, add a pinch of salt. Then add the cream and corn syrup and whisk the mixture until it attains a smooth texture.
- Boil the mixture for about 30 seconds in high heat and then whisk in the butter and chocolate chips until melted. Stir in the mix with pure vanilla extract.
- Lay the halved bananas alongside and scoop the chocolate and vanilla ice cream into the banana boats. Then, top with the prepared hot fudge sauce, candied almonds, whipped cream, and serve it right away.