Meatloaf is a staple Sunday dinner in the fall and winter around my house. I have tried several different recipes and modifications until I decided to come up with my own.
I have modified traditional recipes to be more flavorful but also more health-conscious. As with most of my recipes, this can be modified to your liking. I have added bell peppers or carrots before and also adjusted the beef and Italian sausage ratio.
Best Meatloaf EverPrint Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup of onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of any all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of mild Italian sausage
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of Gluten-free breadcrumbs or 1/2 cup of Almond flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, celery, seasoning, and garlic. Sauté until combined and onions are translucent.
- Stir in ketchup and cook for 2 minutes, remove from heat, and cool until able to handle.
- Add ground beef, Italian sausage, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, and cooled mixture. Mix with damp hands until well combined.
- Put the meat mixture into a greased loaf pan. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to bake for 40 minutes until done.
- Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes to brown the top.