Hash brown potato recipe is easy to follow and can be made in just a few simple steps. One of the greatest aspects of this hash brown potato recipe is the ability to tailor it to your preference with added toppings and spices. Whether you prefer your hash browns crispy or soft, this recipe will show you how to make perfect hash browns every time.
To make this hash brown potato recipe, all you need are a few basic ingredients: potatoes, butter, salt, and pepper. You can also add in other ingredients like onions, cheese, or herbs to make the hash browns even more flavorful. This recipe is great for serving a crowd or just making a quick and easy breakfast for yourself.
With this recipe, you’ll never have to resort to store-bought frozen hash browns again. Once you try making your own hash browns from scratch, you’ll never go back. So let’s get started and make this delicious hash brown potato recipe!
How to Make The Perfect Hash Brown Potato Recipe at Home
- 4 medium-sized potatoes peeled and grated
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat your oven to 375°F (190°C) prior to baking.
- Using a clean kitchen towel, wrap the grated potatoes and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated potatoes, grated onion, beaten egg, flour, salt, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat up a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop the potato mixture and gently flatten it into a patty shape. Carefully place the potato patty in the hot oil and repeat until the skillet is filled with patties.
- Cook the potato patties until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the browned potato patties to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the hash brown potatoes in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they are crispy and cooked through.
- Serve the hash brown potatoes hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley or green onions, if desired.