These easy and quick chocolate oatmeal cookies are my all-time favourites and one of the first recipes my grandmother shared with me. I like that they are a bit crunchy, and even though they contain chocolate, they are not too sweet. A batch of these chocolate oatmeal cookies never lasts long in my house.
Homemade Chocolate Oatmeal CookiesPrint Recipe
- 125 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 egg
- 115 grams of oatmeal
- 160 grams of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 100 grams of chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 150° C.
- In one bowl, mix butter and sugar until they are creamy. Add the egg and mix again until creamy.
- In another bowl, add the oatmeal, flour, and baking powder. Mix carefully.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and stir carefully together.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix carefully.
- Grab a baking tray and line it with baking parchment. With a small spoon, put small heaps of cookie dough onto the tray. The dough should be enough for about 40-45 cookies. Make sure to leave enough space between the heaps because the dough will melt a bit in the oven. Wet the spoon and flatten the heaps a bit.
- Start baking the cookies in the oven at 150° C for 10-15 minutes. They should be still a little soft in the middle.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool down.
- Serve the chocolate oatmeal cookies on their own or with warm milk.