One of my favourite things for breakfast is these Overnight Chia Oats. They are loaded with fibre, protein, healthy fat, omega 3’s, antioxidants and more, making them a perfect balanced breakfast. They also keep you feeling satiated for hours without leaving you feeling sluggish or extremely full!
They are also pretty convenient. Something I like to do is prep them over the weekend, and that way, I can grab them and go and have them readily available throughout the week (you can also make them the night before, as well). I find this really helps me during busy or lazy mornings!
Now, if you are one of those people who prefer their oats to be warm, no need to worry. All you need to do is heat them for about 1 minute, and then you can add your toppings (like nuts, nut butter, fresh fruit, etc.). I often do this since I don’t care much for my overnight chia oats to be cold.
Overnight Chia OatsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened nut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Nut butter
- Raw chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts and almonds
- Fresh berries, banana, or fruit of choice
- Combine your oats, milk, chia seeds, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a mason jar. Stir it all together really well.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- Top it with your favourite add ons!
- If you want to warm your oats, put the jar in the microwave for about a minute, then add your toppings.