This Peanut Butter & Raisin French Toast packs a whopping 37 grams of protein for the entire dish. Seriously, 49 grams of Carbs and only 4.3 grams of fat! Now, if you track your macros or don’t care for the number of carbs, omitting the banana should bring your carbs down to about 30 grams. This is perfect for your breakfast!
Note: You could use any powdered peanut butter, but keep in mind that it will decrease your protein down slightly if you don’t use the protein plus one. You could also use regular natural peanut butter, but keep in mind it will add to your fat content if you care. Enjoy this Peanut Butter & Raisin French Toast that’s hearty and healthy for you!
Peanut Butter & Raisin French ToastPrint Recipe
- French Toast Ingredients
- 4 egg whites
- 2 slices of raisin bread
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Glaze Ingredients
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of just great stuff protein plus peanut butter powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of coconut sugar (or your choice of sweetener)
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Topping Ingredients
- Chia seeds
- Put the 4 egg whites in a shallow dish and beat in your cinnamon and soak your bread. I did throw a tiny 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO into the pan to cook (mainly because even in my non-stick pan, egg whites like to stick for me), but this is optional. You could use coconut oil instead or even butter or nothing at all, up to you!
- Cook them over medium heat until all the way not-slimy-anymore (technical term), turning them once over.
- While they cook, get the “glaze” ready. Toss the protein powder and peanut butter powder into a bowl. Whisk the water in 1 tablespoon at a time to get it to a glaze consistency. Add the coconut sugar after that because the protein powder is already sweetened slightly with stevia.
- Put it all together! Now, the numbers I gave you only include half the amount of peanut butter glaze made if you wish to use the whole thing, do so; if not, store it away and use it for whatever you’d like later!
- Drizzle some glaze on the bottom slice of French toast and a lot on the top one, add a sliced up banana and sprinkle on the chia seeds.