There’s just something about those cooler temperatures that make you long for soups, cider, and anything pumpkin. Yes, I’m one of those people who never grow tired of pumpkin everything. So, in celebration of Pumpkin season, I’m sharing this Pumpkin Doughnut recipe I found on Pinterest that I’m going to try because of doughnuts!
Pumpkin Doughnut RecipePrint Recipe
- Pumpkin Donuts Ingredients
- 1 ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Coating Ingredients
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat 350 degrees. Butter the wells in a doughnut pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a mixing bowl, until well mixed. In a separate large bowl, sift granulated sugar and brown sugar until nicely combined—breaking up the tiny lumps of brown sugar as needed. Add canola oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla using a hand mixer until well combined. Spoon or pipe batter into the doughnut forms, filling each up to ¾ full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 13 to 16 minutes. Cool doughnuts slightly.
- In a large resealable bag, shake the coating sugar and cinnamon together until well combined. Add one warm doughnut at a time and shake until evenly coated. Place on a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.