I have so much love for stuffed peppers; that’s why I created this simple breakfast stuffed peppers recipe that you can make. It’s a healthy breakfast alternative, and you can reheat it too for later consumption. Find out how you can cook these simple breakfast stuffed peppers below.
Breakfast Stuffed PeppersPrint Recipe
- 15 bell peppers (14 to stuff, 1 for the scrambled egg mixture)
- 1 large onion
- 1 plastic container of mushrooms
- 2 pounds of breakfast sausage
- 14 eggs (one per bell pepper)
- 8 ounces of cheese
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First things first, you must remove the tops of the peppers and get the insides taken out.
- Once cleaned, put them into a big pot of water to boil. You will want to start them off in cold water and then bring it to a boil. If you plan to eat the stuffed peppers right away for breakfast, I would only boil for about 2-3 minutes and then remove them. If you’re storing it for later and then reheating in the microwave, I will simmer them for at least 5 minutes to make them nice and soft and not taste raw when eating them.
- While the peppers are boiling, chop the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- In another pan, cook the sausage. Once cooked, add the onion mixture to the sausage and cook until soft.
- Once the meat/onion mixture is cooked to your liking, remove from heat and dump into another bowl. Save for later.
- Scramble eggs! Once scrambled, add back to meat/onion mixture and use to stuff peppers. Top with cheese!
- If eating immediately, bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve while hot.