Banana bread bundt cake is an excellent way to use up those leftover bananas that have been hanging in the fruit basket for a few days too long. If you’re like me, you tend to stick with the traditional banana bread or banana muffins (which are my personal favourite), but sometimes we need to change it up. Here, you can transform your usual banana bread into a beautiful bundt cake.
If you want to spice it up, drizzle a sweet brown sugar icing on top of it. Now you have something that you can proudly show off in your cake dish.
This banana bread bundt cake looks pretty sitting on the countertop in a cake dish, but it likely won’t stick around long enough. It’s tough to eat just one piece. So if you are serving this up as a treat for a group, make sure to grab your slice quickly because it will all be gone before you know it!
Banana Bread Bundt CakePrint Recipe
- Banana Bread Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Brown Sugar Icing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the Bundt pan.
- In a big bowl, add to mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar at medium speed. Scrape bowl as needed.
- Add vanilla, followed by eggs–adding only 1 egg at a time.
- Add and fully incorporate bananas.
- Add half of the dry ingredients, then the sour cream, and finally, the remainder of the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Place batter into prepped bundt pan. Gently slide and tap the pan on the counter to remove air bubbles. Place into the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. You may gently cover with foil if the cake is browning too quickly.
- Allow cake to cool just enough to handle before loosening sides with a spatula and removing cake. Cool completely before topping with icing.
- Combine butter, sugar, and milk in a pan over medium heat. While whisking, bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Vigorously whisk vanilla, followed by powdered sugar into the saucepan until a just slightly thickened icing develops.
- Immediately drizzle icing over the cake and top with pecans.