Decadent Honey Banana Cocoa Cake Recipe
This decadent honey cocoa cake is the perfect dessert to have after a sumptuous meal. Try this recipe if you like baking cakes at home.
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 tablespoons soy milk
- 3 large bananas mashed
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium egg whites whipped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ⅔ cup oat bran
- Preheat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend the cocoa, half of the agave and the milk.
- Whip up the egg whites and pour them into the cocoa mixture.
- Mash the bananas up well with the rest of the agave and the vanilla extract.
- Add the banana mixture to the cocoa mixture.
- Mix up the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Sift the flour mixture over the cocoa/banana mixture.
- Fold in the oat bran.
- Butter and flour in a baking pan.
- Pour in the mixture (should fill the pan up to about half full).
- Bake for about an hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or just keep checking until the top is firm and a knife goes in and comes out relatively clean. It won’t be perfectly clean because it is a very dense and moist mixture.
- Wait for the cake to cool and top with the honey and banana slices.
Calories: 373kcalCarbohydrates: 90gProtein: 7gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 354mgPotassium: 413mgFiber: 6gSugar: 55gVitamin A: 321IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 126mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!