Easy Eggless Tiramisu. Tiramisu means “pick me up” is an Italian dessert. It is a coffee flavored dessert. Traditional Tiramisu has eggs in it and also contains alcohol.
This is an eggless version of the classic Italian dessert. This eggless Tiramisu consists of Italian sponge fingers dipped in coffee and layered with a combination of whipped cream and mascarpone cheese and dusted with cocoa powder. This is a make-ahead kind of a dessert which you can prepare ahead of time and chill it in a refrigerator and just before serving dust it with cocoa powder.
You can buy ladyfingers from the market but they are not readily available. I prepared the ladyfingers at home without an oven. The Easy Eggless Tiramisu is really easy to prepare and you already have all the ingredients at home. Click here for the recipe.
Easy Eggless Tiramisu
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup strongly brewed coffee
- 24 small lady fingers
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder for dusting
- Beat the mascarpone cheese with sugar and vanilla until combined. (do not over beat)
- In a separate bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the mascarpone cheese and whipped cream. (reserve some of the whipped cream for decorating). Add 2 tablespoon coffee and fold gently,
- Take coffee in a small bowl. Dip the lady fingers in it and line a square tin with a layer of lady fingers.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the cookies.
- Place another layer of sponge fingers.
- Spread the remaining cream mixture.
- Take the reserved whipped cream in a piping bag and pipe kisses on top of it.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, dust it with cocoa powder.