This Flaky Custard Pie Recipe is a versatile, simple, and yummy addition to the table any time of year! I like to use a banana extract instead of the vanilla and top with sliced bananas and whipped cream! The possibilities are endless with this pie!
Flaky Custard Pie RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust – can also be a graham or shortbread crust
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 ½ cups of half-and-half
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- ¼ cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the half-and-half and cook over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add butter, brown sugar, extract, and stir until butter is melted. Pour into baked pie shell and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 35 minutes; the centre of the pie will not be set. Cool pie for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, or until ready to serve. Pie will set upon chilling. Cover for longer storage.
- Top with your favourite fruits, chocolate, sprinkles, whipped cream or whatever your heart desires!