This lava cake version is sure to get your blood flowing.
Red Velvet Lava CakePrint Recipe
- 7 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup of chopped semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup of cake flour
- ½ cup of confectioners sugar
- Red food colour as needed
- Melt your chocolate together with the butter in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks and whisk well to combine and smooth.
- Sift the flour, salt and confectioners sugar together and add to the chocolate mixture and the red food colouring, whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate for an hour as you prepare your ramekins.
- Scoop the batter into the ramekins and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Turn out immediately onto a serving plate and sprinkle with additional confectioners sugar.