This Kahlua Almond Cake is delicious. I have been making it for years, becoming my husband’s favourite. This cake is a single layer with a rich chocolate buttery glaze poured over the top. The chocolate goodness drips off the sides and creates a mouthwatering hint of coffee, chocolate delight with every bite. It is the perfect dessert for entertaining.
Sweet Kahlua Almond Cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 medium eggs separated plus 2 yolks
- 1 cup sucanat
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter chilled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons coffee finely ground
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper and greased.
- Beat all egg whites until foamy and gradually beat in 1/2 cup of sweetener until stiff.
- Beat yolks with remainder sweetener until light brown colour. Add almonds, salt, vanilla, and Kahlua. Mix well and pour into egg whites. Use a spatula and very carefully stir almond mixture into egg whites, being careful not to deflate the whites.
- Pour the mixture into a prepped baking pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes. Loosen sides with a knife and cool for approximately 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan and turn it over on the rack. Remove parchment paper and turn it back over and allow it to cool.