Getting dinner ready on time is always a struggle for me. Because of that, I love crockpot meals and tend to throw things together, hoping it comes out alright. This crockpot Shrimp Gumbo was one such meal. And it was a hit. Being from the south, it spoke ‘home’ to us. Served over nourishing rice, it was delicious and made a complete meal.
Amazing Crockpot Shrimp Gumbo Recipe
This crockpot shrimp gumbo is always a hit in the family. I love cooking this when I know my family is coming over.
- 1 pound shrimp medium
- 2 cups okra
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen corn organic
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ombine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Gently stir so that arrowroot powder is dissolved.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Serve by itself or on top of a bowl of rice.
Calories: 239kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 46gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 646mgSodium: 2317mgPotassium: 379mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 768IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 285mgIron: 6mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!