Getting dinner ready on time is always a struggle for me. Because of that, I love crockpot meals and tend to throw things together, hoping it comes out alright. This crockpot Shrimp Gumbo was one such meal. And it was a hit. Being from the south, it spoke ‘home’ to us. Served over nourishing rice, it was delicious and made a complete meal.
Amazing Crockpot Shrimp GumboPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of medium shrimp
- 2 cups of okra
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 28 ounces of canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of organic frozen corn
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of real salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Gently stir so that arrowroot powder is dissolved.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Serve by itself or on top of a bowl of rice.