This Asian Honey-Glazed Salmon is a wholesome dinner you can enjoy with your loved one. But, it’s not an everyday dish you can serve on special days. Plus, you can never go wrong with any salmon recipe!
Asian Honey-Glazed SalmonPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh salmon
- 1 package of fresh snow peas, snapped and strings removed
- 1/2 of a pineapple chopped into chunks or 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cedar plank
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh diced ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Soak cedar plank underwater for 1 hour
- Mix the marinade ingredients and pour half into a bowl with the salmon submersed. Put salmon in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the honey glaze ingredients and set them to the side.
- Set your broiler to “high” (feel free to grill at 350 if grilling). Line a baking sheet with foil below to catch drippings, place cedar plank salmon in the oven for 3 minutes, and flip the plank. Place marinated salmon on the cedar plank and small baking dish, and arrange fresh pineapple chunks.
- Broil salmon for 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned on top. Then flip salmon and pineapple over, basting salmon with the remainder of the marinade. Broil the fish for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through. Don’t overcook the salmon to ensure the best result.
- While salmon is broiling on a cedar plank and pineapple, grab a frying pan, add 1tbsp olive or sesame oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add snow peas and stir fry 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until crisp and tender. Add salt and pepper or grated ginger if desired.
- Serve salmon and pineapple over snow peas and drizzle honey glaze on top.