This is one appetizer or side that will give your family and friends something amazing to remember. Cooking these baked scallops with mushrooms and bechamel is so easy, but the turnout is incomparable. That’s how good this is recipe is! Check out how you can cook this in your own kitchen.
Baked Scallops With Mushrooms and BechamelPrint Recipe
- 8 large fresh scallops on the half shell (already detached)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 ounces of ham, chopped
- 5 ounces of white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the scallop shells in a pot of water for a few minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the thyme, ham, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then simmer until the mushrooms release their moisture and are tender for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt your remaining butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, mixing well. Remove from the heat and stir in the milk. Return to the heat, stirring constantly, and simmer until thickened for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir into the mushroom mixture.
- Place the scallops back in the shells. Spoon some mushroom and bechamel mixture over each scallop. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake the scallops for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and golden brown. Serve hot.