If you crave pasta, here’s a cheesy chicken broccoli pasta recipe you can cook in less than 35 minutes! It’s so easy that you can cook it whenever you feel like having a pasta night! Check out this quick and yummy recipe we prepared for you.
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli PastaPrint Recipe
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces of pasta (any kind would do)
- 1 whole broccoli, stems peeled off and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of skimmed milk
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 4 ounces (about 1 mug) of cheddar cheese, grated
- Pinch of cayenne or couple of declines warm sauce (optional)
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. (It should be large enough to cook the pasta and also broccoli.)
- Tenderize the chicken breasts by piercing them all over with a fork. Slice, then rub with salt as well as pepper. Set it aside.
- Cook pasta as written on the package. Include broccoli for the last 1 1/2 minute of food preparation. When the pasta, as well as broccoli, are done, scoop 1 cup of pasta water. Then drain pasta and broccoli. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce base by blending minced garlic with milk, Dijon mustard, nutmeg, salt, and flour.
- Heat oil on a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for around 4 minutes or until golden. Remove chicken from the frying pan, and set aside.
- Heat the pan, and pour in sauce base, scraping up any poultry bits that could have been left behind in the frying pan. Once it begins to thicken from the flour, include pasta, broccoli, chicken and cheese. Mix until the cheese melts.
- If the mixture becomes thick, get the reserved pasta water. Add the pasta water until you get the consistency you want.
- Cook until the chicken is done and the broccoli is nicely cooked.
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne or hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!