Who knew a dish with such a fancy name is so easy to prepare? There are many ways to prepare beef wellington. Here is a simple version that is also very delicious. This recipe consists of all lean ground meat sauteed with onions and spices wrapped in a warm and flaky puff pastry. This recipe is best to serve during celebrations or special dinners!
Easy Beef WellingtonPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 sheet of puff pastry thawed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin or ground coriander (you can use whole cumin seeds if ground is not available)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, and sauté for about 5 minutes until they softened.
- Add the beef, cumin or coriander, salt and pepper, and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Roll the puff pastry with a rolling pin on a clean and floured surface. Roll for just a bit, not too thin.
- Put the beef mixture over puff pastry. Brush the beaten egg wash around the edges and fold the edges over.
- Fold the top and bottom over and press to seal the edges and shape them into a log.
- Place on a sheet lined with parchment paper seam side down, and brush the top with the remaining egg wash. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until it turns golden brown and flaky.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.