Lime’s aromatic, tart flavour is one of my favourites, especially in the summer. As a result, I came up with this tasty and zesty Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe, which I served alongside a simple vegetable curry. This is a complete and delicious recipe that is appropriate for both children and adults.
Before preparing the chicken, I recommend marinating it for at least 8 hours to tenderise it and infuse it with the assertive flavours of lime, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. I promise you that it will be worth the wait. One of the nicest things about this delicious chicken is how versatile it is.
This recipe is much delicious when served with the Roasted Mushroom Bites. Have a wonderful meal!
Juicy Cilantro Lime ChickenPrint Recipe
- 4-5 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, excess fat trimmed
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 2 limes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 20 turns of the pepper mill
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- To begin, combine all of the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts in a shallow dish, then quickly massage the liquid into the meat to ensure it’s equally coated. Allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 8-24 hours.
- Take the lamb out of the refrigerator, unwrap it, and remove all garlic from the flesh. Before grilling the meat, allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F) and grill to high heat to sear the lamb and produce a crust on the outside. Cooking time should be no more than a few minutes per side.
- When the rack of lamb is seared, remove it from the griddle and brush it with the honey and agave glaze before placing it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of lamb). Allow around 5 minutes for the lamb to rest before slicing.
- Prepare the couscous while the lamb is resting. Bring 1 and 1/3 cups water, ground cumin and turmeric, and one tablespoon olive oil to a boil in a pot. Add the couscous to the mixture, stir for a few seconds, then take from the heat and set aside for five minutes, covered. To serve, fluff with a fork.
- Pack the couscous into a mould and place it in the centre of your dish. Next, position the lamb chops in a radial arrangement around the couscous mould, and finally, plate the papaya mint compote opposite the lamb.