Stromboli is one of those easy dinner recipe ideas for the working mom or dad who needs to get something ready for the kids quickly. Ever have that evening where you’ve spent all day at work, and you’ve picked the kids up from school or daycare, and all you can think is now I have to go home and cook! This is one of those food recipes that are super quick and easy to allow you to have a little more “me” time.
Quick StromboliPrint Recipe
- Stromboli Ingredients
- 1 can of Pillsbury pizza dough
- 8 to 10 slices of salami
- 4 to 6 slices of ham
- 4 to 6 slices of turkey
- 12 to 18 slices of pepperoni
- Marinara dipping sauce
- 8 ounces of cheese
- Topping Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of basil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Mix together these ingredients in a small dish.
- Start by spraying your cookie sheet with nonstick spray, then roll out your pizza dough on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle half of the dough with a little of your cheese of choice (mozzarella is my preference), saving the rest for later.
- On top of the cheese, layer your meats as you like them, and remember you can always add more to your preference. After you get the meats in place, you can add the rest of the cheese on top of the meat.
- Once you are done filling your stromboli, fold over the remaining dough to cover the meat and cheese and pinch the dough together at the edges to seal it.
- After you’ve done this, take a knife and cut some slits in the dough, as this will allow the steam that will build up inside to escape, or you will end up with a large bubble of air in your stromboli at the end of it’s cooking.
- Sprinkle parmesan mixture on top of the stromboli before placing it into the oven.
- Place the stromboli in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Cut into sections and serve with marinara dipping sauce.