Today I want to delight my dad, who is returning from an extended tour in Singapore. He personally loves lamb. He, himself, is a good cook. So I know that I have to make something special. This spicy lamb in gravy recipe is very delicious yet creamy. As you all know, India is all about spices, and Indians love spicy food, so this recipe is ideal for all those spicy food lovers. This comes together quickly and can make a great lunch on the go.
This mouth-watering spicy lamb in gravy recipe is best served with steamed rice or naan. This is a spicy version of the lamb recipe with aromatic spices and herbs. I am sure I can delight my dad with this recipe. Try this out, and I can assure you that you won’t regret it.
Spicy Lamb in Gravy Recipe
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder boneless
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cilantro chopped for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a bowl, season the lamb with garam masala and salt.
- Then heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Fry the lamb cubes until browned, stirring them constantly.
- When it is done, set it aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir them until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Then add the turmeric, ginger, and garlic, and stir it for 1 minute.
- Then add the cayenne and tomato paste.
- Add the water when the ingredients are well blended.
- Bring to a simmer and add the lamb to the mixture.
- Simmer the lamb over low heat for 20 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
- Then stir in the cream and honey.
- Once done, transfer it to a serving dish, garnish with cilantro and serve hot.