Mojitos are certainly a favorite of mine, and this cranberry mojito puts a definite fun spin on a classic cocktail. I use cranberry sauce for this mojito because cranberries are not sweet and nearly impossible to crush with a muddler. Plus, since it’s the weekend, you may already be serving cranberry sauce at your table. If so, just set some aside — about a spoonful for every cocktail you plan to make.
As part of our fun weekends, I hope you will enjoy this drink as much as I enjoyed creating the recipe. There were lots of raised glasses in our Live Pretty test kitchen while we were mixing this one, and I’m confident we’ll be serving the cranberry mojito at holiday parties for years to come.
Easy Cranberry Mojito
- 2 ounces rum
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 leaves mint
- ⅓ cup soda club
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- Prepare the cranberry sauce in advance and set aside to cool completely. You will need about a spoonful per drink.
- Place mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass. Add the lime juice. Gently crush the mint using the end of a wooden spoon or muddler.
- Add ice, rum, cranberry juice, and simple syrup.
- Stir in a spoonful of cranberry sauce.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a mint leaf.