These chicken strips are so delicious. This is a variation of chicken that my mom has been making for years. This is so good and has only 5 ingredients. This recipe is very simple; I have sometimes done the more complicated breading with a 4-step process (coat with marinade, coat with flour, coat with egg, coat with bread crumbs), but it takes quite a while and your clean up is doubled. I find that this recipe makes a nice breading and crispiness without all the hassle.
I serve these chicken strips with potatoes (and sweet potatoes if I have them on hand) and my homemade honey dill sauce. I find by cutting them into strips, your chicken goes so much further, and they’re somehow juicier and crispier than when I do this recipe with whole chicken breasts.
Note: You can also keep them as whole chicken breast if you prefer, increase the cooking time for an extra 15-20 minutes approximately or until no longer pink in the middle.
Easy Homemade Chicken StripsPrint Recipe
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of Italian, ranch or caesar dressing, approximately
- 1 1/2 cup of Italian-style bread crumbs with Romano cheese, approximately
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place parchment paper over a cookie sheet (not necessary, but the chicken fingers don’t stick this way).
- In a medium-sized bowl, add half a cup of salad dressing. I usually use ranch, this time. I used Italian salad dressing. You might need to add a bit, depending on the amount of chicken. I used 4 large chicken breasts.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips lengthwise. Toss the breasts in the bowl with the dressing. Before you mix it around, lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Now, mix it around to coat the chicken with salad dressing.
- Next, pour 1 and 1/2 cups of bread crumbs over the chicken. Mix around to coat chicken.
- With a fork, place chicken fingers on the cookie sheet. Scrape all of the leftover crumbs in the bowl onto chicken strips.
- Cook at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for the first 15 minutes, reduce heat to 400 Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes more or when the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Serve with honey dill sauce or whatever suits your fancy!