This easy homemade vanilla fig jam is great to make in summer when figs are in season and have on your toast at breakfast.
Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig JamPrint Recipe
- 1 lb. figs, stems removed, washed, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- ½ a cup of honey, preferably local
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla bean extract
1. In a large bowl, combine the prepped figs with the lemon juice and allow the figs sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes. 2. Transfer the figs, along with the juice, to a large pot set over medium heat. Add the honey and vanilla extract and stir to combine. 3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the figs break down into a thick and slightly granular jam, around 50-55 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly. 4. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.