Being the coffee lover that I am, Tiramisu holds a special place in my heart. The texture, the flavor, the taste, it is so heavenly! I now prefer this eggless recipe over the traditional one, which takes much more work and doesn’t taste different!
I also love being in control of how much sugar or fat goes in my food, making it a much more health-conscious option for me. So, if you’re looking for something quick, tasty and simple- look no further. These can be made on the day of an event or the day before – although letting them sit in the fridge overnight usually makes them tastier!
Tip: If you want the filling to be even lighter, you can add up to an extra cup of whipped cream for each cup of Mascarpone cheese.
Eggless TiramisuPrint Recipe
- 2 cups of mascarpone cheese
- 4 cups of whipped cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of heavy brewed coffee, espresso, or instant coffee
- 400 grams of ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- Empty mascarpone cheese into a large bowl and whisk until smooth
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer), whip the whipped cream with sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. If you have a sweeter tooth than me, feel free to add more sugar to whipped cream at this point!
- Add whipped cream to Mascarpone cheese in increments, carefully folding the whipped cream into the cheese until all whipped cream is added. The filling should be light! Add filling to a large piping bag and set aside.
- In a flat dish, add brewed coffee (remember, the heavier the coffee, the more flavorful your Tiramisu will be), very quickly, roll ladyfingers on both sides in the brewed coffee and set aside on a flat surface.
- Tip: You want to do this very quickly, the ladyfingers absorb liquid extremely fast, and you don’t want them to come out too mushy. Experiment with one to get a feel of how fast you need to go.
- Once you have a bunch dipped and ready to go, cut each ladyfinger into 2 or 3 parts, depending on the size of your cups. Put a few pieces into the bottom of your cup, pipe some filling on top of the ladyfingers, add another layer of soaked ladyfingers and then pipe more filling on top.
- Repeat step 5 for all cups and refrigerate until ready to serve. Once you want to serve, sift cocoa powder onto the tops of the cups. Bon Appetite!