There is nothing I enjoy more than trying out the different lobster rolls at various restaurants in NYC when visiting there.
Most of the time, lobster roll is a super decadent treat with tons of fatty mayo and butter. Don’t get me wrong; I enjoyed every bite. However, this is a healthy spin on your typical New England lobster roll.
Healthy Lobster RollsPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of white miso mixed with 1 teaspoon of boiling water
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 1 cup of lobster meat
- 2 hotdog buns
- Minced chives
- 1/4 cup of Vegenaise
- Spoon together the Vegenaise, mustard, miso mixture, salt, pepper and chives or other herbs. Save some herbs to top your rolls at the end.
- Fold the lobster meat into the mixture. I used a small mallet to crack the shells instead of a cracker. It was much easier this way. Make sure the sink is nearby. It can get a tad messy.
- Toast your buns in the oven or toaster; use a tiny bit of butter if you would like. You can use the yogurt butter to keep with the healthy theme, but that’s up to you! I spread some chopped garlic on our buns too.
- Top each sandwich with the lobster mixture, then chives or the herbs of your choice and a little more salt and pepper.