Key lime pie is one of the best summer pies for me, and I am so excited to share it with you! With such a small amount of ingredients, this pie is an easy one to make, and it’s also one of the yummiest pies I’ve ever had. Key lime pies are pretty tart, but this one has a milder zing to it. It’s a perfect consistency of creamy and thick which always hits the spot perfectly.
This pie pairs so perfectly with a nice garnishing of whipped cream on top. Some people even like to cover the entire top with it, but I’ll just be doing the sides and middle for now.
Key Lime PiePrint Recipe
- Crust Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup of graham crackers, pulsed
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Filling Ingredients
- 28 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup of key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a blender or food processor and then combine the crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix until blended well.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven, set aside and let cool for additional 10 minutes.
Pie Filling Instructions
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and key lime juice in a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie and bake for 10 minutes or until you see tiny bubbles form along the surface.
- Turn off the oven and let the pie sit inside, undisturbed for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let pie chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or even better, overnight
- Right before you’re ready to serve, put some whipped cream on top and then you are ready to go!