Craving for an Asian dish, but can’t decide which one to have? Why not have this savoury chicken biryani? It’s a filling yet delicious rice meal that’s guaranteed to make you want more of this. Ane here’s a simple recipe you can try at home.
Chicken BiryaniPrint Recipe
- 400 grams of long grain basmati rice
- 500 grams of chicken, cut into medium size pieces
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 green chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon of chicken masala
- 1 teaspoon of biryani essence
- 1/4 teaspoon of Soptodinga orange food colour
- 1/4 teaspoon of Soptodinga green food colour
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 3 green cardamoms
- 1 star arise
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 8 black peppers
- 2 pieces of bay leaf
- 2-inch cinnamon stick
- Wash rice and soaked it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take it in a wok and add all whole spices, 1/2 teaspoon of soptodinga biryani essence, salt and required water. Cook until rice is done.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add onion and saute until a colour change to brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until you get a pleasant aroma.
- Add tomato, little salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and chicken masala. Mix all ingredients and cook for 3 minutes on low, medium flame.
- Add chicken pieces in mixture and mix well, cover the lid, cook until chicken is done, cook it on low flame, and keep sauteing in between.
- Take 2 bowls and take 2 tablespoons cooked rice in each, add 2 tablespoons milk in each, add orange food colour in 1 bowl and green food colour in other bowl. Keep aside.
- Open the lid and saute chicken biryani masala. If you see the masala dry, add 2 tablespoons whisk curd, no need to add water to it.
- Cover chicken masala with cooked rice, cover the lid and cook it for 5 minutes on low flame. Switch off the flame. After releasing air from the pressure cooker, open the lid and spread coloured rice, soaked separately with milk.