I rarely make pasta, but when I do, it’s going to be loaded, special, and specifically designed to put you to sleep. This Creamy White Fettuccine Pasta With Scallops Recipe is inspired by the simple carbonara pasta and the fun and tasty scallops.
Although this is a multi-step recipe, if you decide to stray from the directions, you’ll still end up with a fantastic flavour explosion in your mouth.
Chef tip: Start off with boiling your pot of water for the fettuccine and have that ready while you are cooking the rest of the ingredients. You want to be able to integrate the ingredients while they are all fresh and warm.
I hope you enjoy this Creamy White Fettuccine Pasta With Scallops Recipe as much as I do.
Creamy White Fettuccine Pasta With Scallops Recipe
- 1 package fettuccine gluten-free, grain-free, and soy-free
- 8 to 12 pieces scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic diced
- 3 tablespoons parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon broccoli minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Heat a frying pan to about medium, medium-high. Add the butter or ghee to a pan over medium heat. Once the ghee is melted, season your scallops with a light sprinkle of salt. Don’t worry about seasoning the scallops, as the oil will add another level of flavour to it.
- Add 4 pieces of scallops to the frying pan and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until you start to see the pan side of the scallop begin to turn white. You want to be careful not to overcook scallops as they turn gummy. You want to look for that buttery texture when biting into them.
- Flip the scallops to the other side. You want to see that the first side has a dark brown edge when you do so. Continue to cook the scallops for another 2 to 3 minutes by tossing the grease and oils over them with a spoon.
- Once the scallops have been cooked, you can use this fat to make a white cream sauce. Add the garlic, broccoli and parsley and cook in the pan for about 2 minutes letting the aroma release into your already fragrant kitchen.
- Next, add white wine and stir for another 3 minutes. After using a whisk, add the cream and cheese and whisk over heat for about 5 minutes. You are looking for a creamy consistency. Turn the flame off when you have seen all of the ingredients incorporated. Taste and season to your liking.
- You want to have your water up to a boil and add the pasta in batches for the pasta. Cook as directed and quickly collect the strands with a pasta ladle.
- In a big bowl, add the al dente pasta. Then, while using a spoon to mix, slowly pour your white sauce over the bowl of pasta strands. Make sure you coat every strand.
- Plate into 4 separate dinner plates. Next, add 2 to 3 pieces of scallops to your plate of pasta.