Before I start with the chicken parmesan, I have to tell you about the newest member of our family. Lucy is a hilarious little ball of white fur who purrs and purrs when you pick her up and kiss her. My husband and I got each other kitties for our tenth anniversary. Yeah, I know. Most people get each other something in the tin, but who needs tin when you can have kitties? So now we have the divine Emma Peel and Luscious Lucy.
If you find yourself having a lot of chicken at home, why not make this chicken recipe? It’s easy, and your family and friends will gobble it up. I make chicken parmesan a couple of times a month. Husband and daughter love it and usually want seconds.
I don’t like my chicken parmesan swimming in tomato sauce. I like it crispy and lighter, so I use panko and create a double crust.
Crispy and Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 medium chicken breasts trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups Panko
- ½ cup flour
- 2 medium eggs
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- After the chicken breasts are trimmed, sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on them and let them sit for about a half hour. In the meantime, pour about 1/4 inch of olive oil into a pan and get it heating just enough that when you drop in a few pieces of panko, it sizzles.
- While the oil is heating, cover the chicken breasts with flour, dredge through beaten eggs and coat with the panko. Then dredge back through the egg and panko again. You want it crispy.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once you’ve got two good coats of goody on the chicken, drop it in your pan with hot oil. It should sizzle nicely. If the oil isn’t hot enough, the batter will fall off, so check it first. Brown both sides well and remove to a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Once the oil is removed, put the breasts in an oven-safe dish and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Pour a little warm marinara and some fresh parmesan cheese over the top and serve with the side dish of your choice.