As I have revealed many times, I love Chinese food. But, I have also revealed that I love lemons. So now, this gluten-free lemon chicken is a recipe that has both. Now I admit, when I saw this recipe when I was googling Jell-O ingredients on the internet, I was a little surprised by the ingredients.
Admittedly, I imagined eating chicken coated in lemon curd or one of those old 1960′s Jell-O moulds with pieces of chicken floating around in it. However, I am pretty adventurous and wanted to try this unusual recipe. I am sure glad I didn’t get easily turned away by the ingredients because this was a light lemon sauce and very tasty, not sweet as I feared.
This gluten-free lemon chicken recipe is a good dish for people with Celiac disease, Gluten sensitivity, Gluten intolerance or a gluten-free diet because none of the ingredients contains gluten.
Healthy Gluten-Free Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 3 ounces gelatin lemon-flavoured
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken broth gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing gluten-free
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into strips
- 6 ounces snow peas trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 1 medium lemon sliced
- Mix dry gelatin mix and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes or until done. Stir occasionally. Add snow peas and peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir gelatin mixture; add to ingredients in skillet. Cook everything on medium heat for 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with sliced fresh lemons. Serve over rice.