For some reason, all the men in my life love dishes with a kick, especially my stepdad. Whenever we go to an Asian cuisine restaurant or order-in Chinese food, he has to get the hottest thing on the menu. Likewise, you should see him load up on the wasabi when we go for sushi! I like a little bit of a kick, too, and this sriracha glazed chicken recipe meets everyone’s needs.
It’s easy to kick up the sriracha glazed chicken recipe by adding extra sriracha and maybe even a dash of hot sauce, but when left as is, the recipe is mild enough for those who don’t enjoy all that extra spice. Oh, and did I mention this chicken recipe can be made in practically no time at all? Yep, super quick and easy dinner for nights when you don’t have time or don’t feel like slaving over the stove!
Scrumptious Sriracha Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into about 1-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoon sriracha
- 1 ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ cup onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- Serve this over some rice, but remember, preparing the rice the traditional way will take longer to make than the chicken. So start the rice in advance, and when it has about 15 minutes to go, create this recipe. To save time, I like to use boil-in-a-bag rice, but for this, I tried out Uncle Ben’s microwavable 90-minute rice. Everyone enjoyed it, and it was so simple to make. So that’s my suggestion, especially if you’re going for speed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and coat with the canola oil. While the pan is heating, mix the hoisin sauce, ketchup, and sriracha in a small bowl and set it to the side. Once the pan is hot, add in the onions and let them cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and all the other ingredients (garlic, curry powder, and cumin). Sauté until the chicken is completely cooked through. Once the chicken is cooked, pour over your sriracha sauce mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve over rice, and add a side of snap peas or edamame!