Let’s face it, meat loaf isn’t pretty, but everything we make can’t always be photo-worthy. In this quick recipe, you’ll learn how to cook our favourite homemade mini meat loaf that everyone in my family loves. This recipe might just become your favourite dinner dish!
Mini MeatloafPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- 2 pounds of ground beef (unless we are cooking hamburgers, we typically buy the extra lean)
- 1 1/4 cups of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Mine made 15, so I had to use a second pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of ketchup and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, crumble the ground beef. Add the bread crumbs, Worcestershire, mustard, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and the remaining ketchup. Make sure you mix this up nicely so that the meat is seasoned throughout.
- Press the meat into the muffin pans. Fill them level with the top of the pan. Press down the mixture so that there are not any air bubbles.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the ketchup mixture on the top of each loaf.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- A few of them stuck to the side a little, so I used a sharp knife and went around them before removing them from the muffin pan. Serve and enjoy!