Lasagna soup is a classic Italian dish that brings together the flavors and aromas of traditional lasagna in a comforting soup form. This easy homemade lasagna soup recipe is a delicious one-pot comfort food that is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to enjoy a hearty and flavorful dinner without spending too much time in the kitchen. In this recipe, we will use ground beef, pasta, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese to create a delicious and nutritious soup that is sure to become a family favorite.
This easy homemade lasagna soup recipe is a delicious and comforting one-pot meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. With ground beef, pasta, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese, this soup is full of delicious flavors and aromas that will satisfy your taste buds and warm your soul. Plus, with the added nutrition from the vegetables, this soup is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. So, why not experiment with this recipe and see how it turns out and enjoy a delicious and easy homemade lasagna soup tonight? Don’t forget to share your experience and variations in the comments below. Happy cooking!
Easy Homemade Lasagna Soup Recipe: Tips and Variations
For a vegetarian version, simply omit the ground beef and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
You can also add extra vegetables, such as diced bell peppers or zucchini, to the soup to make it even more nutritious and flavorful.
You can keep this soup fresh in the fridge for three days, or freeze it for up to three months.
To make this easy homemade lasagna soup recipe, you will need the following ingredients and do the instructions below:
Easy Homemade Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 2 cups pasta such as fusilli or rotini
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- Take a large pot or Dutch oven then add the ground beef and cook over medium heat until it’s no longer pink, while breaking it up into small pieces using a wooden spoon.
- Add the minced garlic, diced onion, dried basil, and dried oregano to the pot, and cook for 3-4 minutes by sautéing until the onion becomes translucent and emits a pleasant aroma.
- Pour in the chicken broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes to the pot, and mix them well. Boil the mixture and then reduce the heat to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add your pasta to the pot, and let it cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Next, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper.
- When serving, scoop the soup into bowls, and add a dollop of the ricotta mixture and sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on each bowl.