You’ll definitely love this baked potato soup. Since potato is one of the most favorite vegetables of many people, potato soup recipe has become a very popular part of the table meals all over the world. With its high complex carbohydrate content, potatoes are an excellent energy source. Potatoes are also rich in fibers, vitamin C, and proteins. This high nutritional value is such a good reason why more and more people opt to include potato soup in their meal.
Filling Baked Potato Soup
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, scrub, and bake the potatoes for an hour in the oven . When cooked, set them aside.
- Mix the flour and butter in a soup pan to prepare your roux. Add milk and stir continuously until it’s thick. Remove the skin from the potatoes and cut the cooled potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Add the chicken broth and then add the cubed potatoes to the mixture. Heat the mixture until desired temperature.
- Season it with salt and pepper. You can also add toppings like cheese, bacon or chives.