This roasted fall harvest soup or pumpkin soup is great in autumn, spring and winter.
Roasted Fall Harvest SoupPrint Recipe
- 3 cups of butternut squash, cubed
- 3 large firm apples, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 1½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ a teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ a teaspoon of allspice
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 cups of chicken or vegetable broth, preferably organic, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
3. Spread seasoned butternut squash mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until squash is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring one quarter of the roasted veggie mixture to a high-powered blender. Add one cup of broth to container and blend until smooth. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
5. Transfer puree to a large soup pot and repeat process with remaining vegetables and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, as desired, before serving.