The recipe for shrimp scampi called for shallots, well, I didn’t have any on hand, so I used onions, and because I love garlic so much, I added an extra tablespoon. I added the garlic, lemon juice and white wine to the pan and tasted the sauce before adding the shrimp. It was a bit tart for my taste, so I added a teaspoon of sugar.
Okay, it was time for the shrimp to take a yummy bath in garlic, onion, lemon juice and white wine.
I tossed in the tomatoes and simmered them for a few minutes. Keeping in mind not to overcook the shrimp.
This is the product of all my hard work and tears that resulted from chopping onions and mincing garlic, actually not too much work at all. A quick and easy dish. It was delicious. I surveyed the family and got all thumbs up on the meal; they agreed that we should keep this recipe for shrimp scampi around.
Delightful Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 packet seafood seasoning
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- ¾ cups olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, onions, garlic and a packet of Amazing Taste seasoning. Stir.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp and tomatoes and continue cooking until the shrimp are light orange and no longer translucent.
- Add basil and serve over pasta.