This chocolate pudding, topped with soft and creamy whipped cream and sprinkled with chocolate shavings, leaves you wanting more.
Homemade pudding doesn’t get better than this. It really does need fresh whipped cream and not the store-bought kind! The texture of this rich chocolatey pudding is super silky, and it melts in your mouth like ice cream. Writing about it makes my mouth water.
Yummiest Chocolate PuddingPrint Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of fine unbleached sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic cornstarch
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 3 large organic or local egg yolks at room temperature
- 3 ounces of dark chocolate, at least 60% cocoa or higher
- 1 1/4 cup of organic whole milk
- 1/4 cup of organic heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted organic butter
- Sift the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt into a bowl. Place the egg yolks in a bowl, sprinkle the sugar mixture, and whisk to combine. Add a few tablespoons of milk to soften the mixture.
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pulse the chocolate until it is finely chopped.
- Over medium heat, bring the milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract to a boil. Whisking constantly, pour the hot milk mixture over the egg mixture. Return this liquid to the saucepan, continuing to whisk constantly, and cook over low heat, stirring, until the mixture has thickened and just begun to bubble, for about 3 minutes. Whenever you start to see bubbles, it’s good!
- Immediately pour this custard into the food processor with the chocolate, add the butter, and run until smooth, for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the cooked pudding to a measuring cup or something you can quickly pour from. Pour pudding into six 4-ounce cups or ramekins. Let them cool and chill for several hours before serving.
- We used even smaller teacups, about 2 ounces, and they go a long way.
- Serve with whipped cream and some chocolate shavings.