I love breakfast. How can you not? Any excuse to eat bacon or douse my plate in maple syrup! It’s my favourite meal – I could eat breakfast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! And today, I’ll share a Hearty Potato Bacon Feta Breakfast Frittata Recipe you’ll love.
J and I love making yummy breakfasts at home on the weekends, but we often fall into making the same things – usually poached eggs, waffles, or french toast. So the other weekend, we decided to shake things up – I had just purchased a cast iron pan, and we’d bookmarked a frittata recipe from Pinterest.
If you’ve got some extra time or are making brunch for friends, this potato bacon feta breakfast frittata is worth it!
Hearty Potato Bacon Feta Breakfast Frittata Recipe
- 6 pieces bacon thick-cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small potatoes sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 stalks green onions chopped
- ¼ cup feta chopped
- 6 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cook the bacon as you like (frying, baking, or in the microwave if you must!). Cut into chunks and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes. If you’re in a rush, fry them with a nub (1 tbsp) of butter in a frying pan. If you have all the time in the world, toss the potato slices in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper them to taste.
- Put the potato slices into a cast iron skillet and roast in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. Don’t worry if the potatoes don’t cook all the way through; they’ll cook more once the eggs are added!
- To assemble, arrange your cooked potatoes in even layers in a cast-iron skillet. Dump the green onions, feta, and bacon chunks on top (this doesn’t have to look pretty!). Whisk the eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the potato/bacon/feta/onion mixture in the skillet.
- Cover the skillet with aluminium foil and bake covered in a 400 degrees F oven for 30 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, until golden and slightly puffed. Cut into wedges and serve!