Need a wonderful and tasty bread for special occasions or dinners? This gooey, herbed sweet and cheesy onion cornbread has got you secured! Learn this easy recipe now and make your celebrations more enjoyable!
Cheesy Onion CornbreadPrint Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 pouches of Betty Crocker™ cornbread & muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup of milk
- Warm the broiler to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut onion into 5 (1/2-inch thick) rings; keep the rings in place.
- In a 10-inch cast-press skillet, melt margarine over medium-low warmth. Place onion cuts near one another in the spread. Sprinkle with salt, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until onions relax. With a spatula, delicately turn the onions, keeping rings together as much as you can.
- In a bowl, mix both packets of cornbread and eggs. Add the cheese and herbs.
- Pour it over the onions. Heat up for 28 to 32 minutes or until it turns darker.
- Cut the edges of cornbread. Give cornbread a chance to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Place a plate over the skillet and deliberately flip it over. Cut into 8 wedges and serve.