This simple Mexican Chicken and Halloumi Burrito Bowl is perfect as it can make a lot, and you may have it for lunches a couple of days a week. Plus, you only need to pack a fork and have access to a microwave to reheat it!
This Mexican Chicken and Halloumi Burrito Bowl dish is effortless, packed with flavour, and gets many veggies and solid protein and fats. I had this for lunch with half an avocado on the side, and it was perfect. It can be garnished with lemon juice to lift the flavours. I’d highly recommend it! It also works well as a quick dinner!
Mexican Chicken and Halloumi Burrito BowlPrint Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup of bulgar wheat
- 1 courgette, diced
- A handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- A handful of sweetcorn
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 cups of halloumi, diced
- 2 cups of chicken
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice, optional
- Pour the bulgar wheat into a bowl of boiling water (follow the instructions on the packet!) and cover.
- In a frying pan, saute the garlic and onion in the coconut oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Add in the halloumi and cook on low heat; turn over regularly until it’s crispy and lightly brown on the outside.
- Throw in the courgettes, mushrooms, red pepper, sweetcorn, kale and chicken and sauté on low heat with the lid on to allow the steam generated to help with the cooking process.
- Add in your paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Once vegetables and chicken are cooked, sprinkle on the coriander and mix in the bulgar wheat.
- Once this has all been thoroughly mixed in, you can now serve!