This Butterflied Bahian Lemon Shrimp recipe was initially an appetizer, but it would be fantastic as a dinner with Italian garlic buttered noodles, brown rice, or quinoa. I even had it the next day on salad.
I love this shrimp because it has a mild island flavour with minimal heat. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy good for you recipe.
Butterflied Bahian Lemon ShrimpPrint Recipe
- 24 to 26 jumbo shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Combine coconut milk, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss in the shrimp, cover and place in the refrigerator for just 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Take shrimp out of the marinade and saute until pink.
- Serve with lemon slices and pasta/rice/quinoa.