This Butterflied Bahian Lemon Shrimp recipe was initially an appetizer, but it would be fantastic as a dinner with Italian garlic buttered noodles, brown rice, or quinoa. I even had it the next day on salad.
I love this shrimp because it has a mild island flavour with minimal heat. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy good for you recipe.
Butterflied Bahian Lemon Shrimp Recipe
- 25 jumbo shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine coconut milk, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss in the shrimp, cover and place in the refrigerator for just 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Take shrimp out of the marinade and saute until pink.
- Serve with lemon slices and pasta/rice/quinoa.