Healthy Baked Banana Chips. What is life without chips and crisps..ammm..a thin life, maybe..
What if you could make chips (a healthy snack) without all those crazy periodic table additives and liters of oil? What if you are consuming nutrients instead of garbage?
Well, behold, BAKED BANANA CHIPS… Bake away any kind of root veggie or banana!
On my Kerala Trip, looking at these young guys casually dropping the banana chips in the hot oil from a height using a desi mandolin at the speed of a freaking Ferrari and looking thoroughly bored in life, inspiration struck!! I visualized myself doing the same on a baking tray!! I Earned to be cool like that, use a mandolin, and casually drop my perfectly shaped banana chips on my baking tray. But I didn’t realize that I obviously don’t possess that panache! hmmmfff.. I shut up, took my sharpest knife, got to work studiously, and sliced my raw bananas and made baked banana chips.
Healthy Baked Banana Chips
- 1 large banana raw, green
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried mint optional
- 1 pinch roasted cumin optional
- Remove the Banana Peel using a sharp knife. Slice the banana using a sharp knife.
- Toss in 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Place the banana slices on the baking tray. Make sure they don’t overlap.
- Bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, dried mint, and cumin.