French toast is a typical dish eaten worldwide and is also known as eggy bread. It is prepared by soaking the bread with beaten eggs and then frying it. Let us understand in detail how to make this delicious recipe.
French toast is prepared in different ways throughout the world. Its Ingredients depend upon the kind of French toast you are making. You can make any variation, but certain things must be included, without which your toast will not be French toast. Bread, milk, and eggs are compulsory things. Other things can vary according to personal liking. They are added or removed to enhance or reduce the taste.
Tip: Using day-old bread rather than fresh bread to make French toast is better. Stale bread absorbs more mixture, but if you only have fresh bread, that will also work.
Easy Classic French Toast
- 6 slices bread
- 3 medium eggs use 1 egg for 2 slices of beard
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar you can add as per your choice
- ¼ cup syrup if you like
- 1 pinch cinnamon optional; add according to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying
- Beat the eggs entirely in a bowl.
- Add milk and sugar in it and continue beating.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla extract, if you like, with milk and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a tray so the bread can be soaked entirely in them without breaking.
- Before preparing the mixture, place the pan on high heat so the pan gets heated sufficiently.
- When it is thoroughly heated, lower the heat.
- Put butter in the pan and mix it; when the mixture is complete
- If you are using a nonstick pan, don’t use butter; the pan’s surface will do the work.
- Soak the slice in the mixture (but don’t oversoak).
- Place them in the preheated pan with butter.
- Heat one side first, and heat the other side when it is completely done.
- Heat till they turn golden brown.
- Remove it from the pan and place it on the plate.
- Serve with jam, syrup, butter, or whatever you like.