Sometimes quick and easy meals are necessary, and with beef, sometimes that is easy to achieve while ensuring nutrition and taste!
So today, I have a quick and easy recipe yet super tasty and full of nutrition! This yummy cheese and onion potatoes gratin is a filling and delicious side dish to have with your steak.
This is great for the Kobe beef ranch steak, Denver steaks, strip steaks, or flat iron steak. Well, it’s excellent for any of them!
Just take your chosen Kobe beef steak and sprinkle the steak with lemon pepper – either the seasoning or the salt version. Cook on your grill over medium heat or your skillet for 4 minutes per side for rare if it’s about an inch thick or 3 minutes per side for slightly thinner steaks. Then, serve this awesome cheese and onion potatoes gratin as side dish.
Delectable Cheese and Onion Potatoes Gratin Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 medium potatoes sliced about ¼-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley minced
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes, onion, rosemary and pepper; toss to coat. The cover and cook, occasionally stirring, until the potatoes are tender, this takes about 10 minutes.
- Next, uncover them and cook the potatoes until they are browned, taking between 5 and 8 minutes. Top with the cheese and remove from the heat; let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the parsley, and enjoy!