I’m kind of obsessed with pulled anything. Chicken, pork or beef–shred it up, toss it with some BBQ sauce, slap it on a roll, topped with some homemade slaw, and I’ll have the biggest Cheshire smile you’ve ever seen. Slightly sweet and a bit tangy, this BBQ shredded beef is so easy to make. Plus, you get to rave about making your very own sauce. You simply brown the meat, mix the sauce, throw it in a slow cooker for 8 hours and shred it with two forks.
I can’t wait to make this in a few months for summer get-togethers and football parties in the fall. Maybe with a toppings bar, too? Pickles, lettuce, slaw or perhaps an addition to some loaded nachos?
This BBQ shredded beef is a dish with tons of flavor and one that will impress friends. Get cooking!
Juiciest BBQ Shredded Beef Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds beef sirloin tip
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup sweet onion diced
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper on each side. Add to the hot pan and brown on each side. Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the sauce ingredients and mix ketchup, onion, light brown sugar, Worcestershire, lemon juice, vinegar, a splash of water, mustard, celery, chilli powder and garlic powder.
- Pour the sauce over the beef, so it’s evenly coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred with two forks.
- Serve on rolls.