Two weeks ago, I told my husband that I had a hard time to think what to cook. I alternate beef and chicken with veggies, but I don’t want to repeat the same dish in a week or two. So I made this Tuna Steak in Soy Sauce.
This recipe is a Filipino dish that you’ll love if you are into salty food.
Tuna Steak in Soy SaucePrint Recipe
- ¾ to 1 kilogram of fresh tuna
- ¼ cup of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lemon
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion
- ¼ cup of water
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Put the tuna in a saucepan pour the soy sauce mixture.
- Add the ground pepper and the minced garlic. Flip the meat to distribute the pepper and garlic evenly.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Boil and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the water. Boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Separate the fish from the sauce.
- Place another pan over low heat, put the oil in the pan, and then fry the fish.
- Remove the fried fish from the pan.
- On the same pan, sauté the onion for 30 seconds and add the fried fish.
- Pour the sauce and let it boil for 1minute. Turn off the stove.