Creamy Italian Sausage And Potato Soup. I can’t even express how excited I am that the weather has finally decided to become “soup weather” here! I LOVE soup and crockpot weather!! I was so excited that I decided to make one of my favorite soup recipes for dinner last night, Creamy Italian Sausage and Potato Soup also called Zuppa Toscana Soup. This one is always a hit. I wish I could give credit where credit is due for the recipe, but this is all I have left of it.
3 years ago, I quickly jotted the Creamy Italian Sausage And Potato Soup recipe down from a website. Now I’m left with a crumpled, dirty, well-used piece of paper and no clue where I originally found the recipe. I’m glad that I’m preserving it here, though. I don’t know how much longer this paper copy will last!!
I promise this Creamy Italian Sausage And Potato Soup will fill you up, warm you up and become a household favorite!! I hope you all enjoy it!!
The Best Creamy Italian Sausage And Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ large onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds spicy Italian sausage sliced
- 6 large russet potatoes peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh spinach chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, heat oil, add onion and garlic, and cook until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes.)
- Add sausage (I always peel this skin off of the sausage, then cook it the same way you’d cook ground beef), and cook until there is no more pink visible.
- While sausage is cooking, chop your potatoes.
- Once sausage is cooked through, add potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in chicken broth, milk, cream and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes (or until your potatoes are tender).
- Mix in spinach, and remove from heat.
- Serve with a little bit of parmesan cheese on top!